THE AMERICAS AWARD 2021
8th ANNUAL THE AMERICAS FILM FESTIVAL NEW YORK –TAFFNY- IS SEEKING SUBMISSIONS FOR FILMS UNDER 17 MIN
DEADLINE APRIL 5, 2021 (CLOSED)
Animation. Documentary. Experimental. Fiction.
8th annual TAFFNY represents the rich diversity of the cultures, languages and stories of North America, Central America, and South America along with their associated islands. The festival is a project of the Division of Interdisciplinary Studies at the Center for Worker Education of City College of New York (The City University of New York - CUNY).
The Americas Short Film competition is exclusively dedicated to the promotion and exhibition of short-length audiovisual works by emerging filmmakers. The Festival's competition will showcase films with a maximum length of 17 minutes, and will be both competitive and informative. This year we are looking for films based on Human Rights and Social issues but all creative topics are accepted.
Entries for films for the short film competition are FREE of charge.
Deadline for entries for The Americas Short Films competition is April 25, 2020
* Genres: Documentary, fiction, animation, experimental
* Foreign Language Films must be subtitled in English
* Films should be no longer than 17 minutes in length, and must have been released during the 24 months prior to the date of the Festival.
* Preview format must be online data, via web link. Please DO NOT send films to be download. DVDs are accepted in the case that you are unable to submit your film online. Preview DVDs should be clearly labeled with the title, running time and contact information (name, phone number, e-mail.)
* The formats for film exhibition will be Blu-ray or Quicktime 1080p H264 .mov .mp4. Other formats may eventually be used and will be analyzed case by case by the festival producers.
* Festival will grant The Americas Prize award in each of the four categories above mentioned.
*Please click here to submit your film
You can also submit your film using this site
*Deadline: APRIL 5, 2021
*TAFFNY will not return material that have been submitted for consideration